13 January 2011

My Hot Little Hands

The d7000 has arrived. I'll be doing some testing with it (shooting around) and adding some review-style comments as time allows.

Initial impressions:

  • my Non-AI lens does NOT fit; I had simply mistaken the marketing text. I'm debating about doing a DIY AI conversion, which will be less expensive than buying a new lens.
  • The action button is a lot spongier than the d40's or even the d90.
  • AF is fast and nice to have on the 50mm.
  • The ability to change things with buttons instead of menus is nice, but maybe not $1200 nice.
  • Silent mode really is pretty quiet.
  • 6fps is pretty fast.
  • That LCD is good!
  • Dual card slots? Sweet.
  • High ISO performance? Pretty performant.

I'll have more later, with some reference photos and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment