25 February 2011

Testing the D7000's Intervalometer

Pardon the noise pollution:

Just a test of the d7000's intervalometer. Shot with a 28mm f3.5 AI-S at f5.6, ISO 1000. 30-second exposures at one-minute intervals beginning at midnight and ending around 5:30am.

Raw conversion was done using ucraw. Manual WB setting in camera was 3030K for a blue affect but automatically adjusted by UCRaw to somewhere north of 4000K. Exposure compensation was adjusted +1.5 stops during the batch process.

The light pollution is obviously pretty bad. I kept this because I accidentally pointed at Polaris. I'll try this again, but most likely with my 50mm f/1.8 and shoot a bit more wide-open (say f/2.8) with more frequent intervals and shorter exposure times.


Full video here (I notice the video is basically black on the blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment